Register for Classes
Web Registration Steps
- Log in to MyGHC.
- Choose the appropriate Quarter and click the "Register" button.
- Answer any questions that appear and click "Continue".
- Enter the item numbers of the classes you want to take.
If you do not meet the prerequisites listed for a course or if the class is an “Instructor Permission Only” course, a message will appear at the top of the screen informing you that you cannot register in that class without an Entry Code.
- Enter the 5 digit Entry Code provided to you by the instructor of the class you want to register in.
If the class you want to register in is full, you will be asked if you want to be put on the waitlist for the course. If you do, click yes; if you don’t, select another course to register in.
- Check to be sure you have enrolled in all of the classes you want, including all appropriate labs, then click "Finish".
- Print out a copy of your schedule by clicking on "View My Schedule". When your schedule appears, click the white area containing your schedule and then click "Print".
Once registered for classes you can add or drop classes until the day before final registration.
Hours of operation for Web Registration
Web Registration is available Monday – Friday, 8:00 am to 9:00 pm, all day Saturday and Sunday. However, no computer operators are on duty during the weekends, assistance will be available on the next working day.
Students cannot Web Register if they have any of the following:
- An unpaid parking ticket(s)
- An unpaid fine
- An outstanding loan due
- Any other outstanding debts to GHC
- A bad address
Students cannot Web Register for certain courses:
- Independent Studies
- Audit classes
- Community special interest or Community Service classes
- Over 21 credits (students need a signature from their advisor or from the Student Success Center to register for more than 20 credits.)
Who can I call for help?
If you experience difficulty, you can call the Admissions & Records office at 360‐538‐4026.
Personal Identification Numbers (PINS)
There are two different types of PIN’s for students:
- Quarterly Registration PIN – is a 6 digit number given to students by their entry advisor for your first quarter web registration.
- Global PIN – is a 4 to 6 digit number issued by the Admissions & Records Office when students are admitted. This PIN provides access to official, personal information such as grades, schedules and degree audits. You will receive this from your advisor once you have put together your academic plan Item numbers are the very first sets of numbers and letters that appear on the line that also contains time and instructor information (i.e. 1442, 5678, etc.)
An Entry Code is needed to register for a course on the Web if:
- You do not meet the prerequisite listed for a class or
- The prerequisite listed is “Instructor Permission” Entry codes are issued by the instructor of the course and once you have used an entry code for a class, the computer will not accept it again.