Take a Class on Us
Has the pandemic changed your college plans? Grays Harbor College is here to help!
Fall quarter begins September 19 and eligible students can take one class on us! GHC will cover the cost of one class this fall, up to five credits or $750.
How to Apply
- Step 1 - Sign up to take a class on us.
- Step 2 - If you’ve been away from GHC for 2+ years, please complete the Student Update Form and return it to the Welcome Center.
- Step 3 - All students are encouraged to apply for financial aid . Aid is available for both documented and undocumented students. Financial Aid resources include grants, loans, work-study (job) opportunities on campus, and more.
The offer applies to eligible new, returning, and continuing students in credit-bearing classes and is only good for fall 2022. Please be sure to follow the steps to apply for this promotion and see the "Frequently Asked Questions" section below for the details.
This program is made possible by the pandemic relief funds distributed to the college by the federal government and allows us to assist students and pay for one class, up to five credits or $750.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about this program or if you need help with the form.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What will GHC cover as part of this promotion?
For fall quarter only, GHC will award up to $750 to eligible students toward tuition and mandatory fees. The offer applies to eligible new, returning, and continuing students in credit-bearing classes and is made possible by the pandemic relief funds distributed to the college by the federal government.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible to take one class on us, you must meet the following requirements:
- Enroll in at least one credit-bearing class, for a minimum of 5 credits
- Complete the short sign-up form to take a class on us
- Stay enrolled in at least 5 credits through the 10th day of fall quarter. *Please note that students receiving financial aid are subject to financial aid rules and regulations for any aid received. Contact the financial aid office at email@example.com with any questions about how enrollment changes may impact your financial aid award and eligibility.
What is excluded from this promotion?
- Continuing Education classes do not count toward the 5-credit minimum.
- Credits taken as “Audit” (no grade) do not count towards the 5-credit minimum.
- Some limitations apply for certain groups of students such as Running Start, and Transitional Studies.
- Please see the ‘Am I Eligible?’ section below for more information.
I’m receiving a tuition waiver. How does this affect my eligibility?
- Tuition and fee waivers reduce the total amount charged, which impacts eligibility for the promotion.
- If you have a question about your tuition waiver and this promotion, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your situation.
How was this amount determined?
This amount is based on the in-state, lower division tuition and fees rate for a typical 5 credit class. More details about GHC tuition and fees.
When will the funds from this campaign be applied to my account?
Financial awards for this promotion will be applied to eligible class charges starting October 3, 2022 with a target date of October 7, 2022 to distribute all funds for this campaign to student accounts. Awards will be processed in order of the submission date on the sign-up form. Please make sure to enroll in classes as soon as possible to avoid any delays in processing.
How can I see how much I owe for tuition and fees?
- Student charges are available in ctcLink. Please refer to these instructions on how to view your tuition and fee charges.
- For additional assistance, please visit the Cashier’s Window in the 2000 building on the Aberdeen campus, call 360-538-4040, or email email@example.com.
Can I enroll in more than one class?
- Yes! Although this promotion will only pay up to $750, which generally covers all tuition and fees for 5 credits of in-state, lower division credits, you should enroll in the classes that best fit your academic and personal goals. Please check in with your academic advisor to discuss your academic plan.
- Other types of financial assistance to attend GHC are also available. Please visit the financial aid webpage to learn how to apply.
I am taking one five credit class and I'm being charged more than $750. Will you pay for everything?
- No. This amount is based on the in-state, lower division tuition and fees rate for 5 credits, estimated at $750. If your tuition and mandatory fee charges exceed this amount, $750 will be applied to your account and any remaining balance will need to be paid with other sources.
- GHC’s tuition rates vary based on state residency, academic program, international student status, and other factors. Tuition and fees are set by GHC’s Board of Trustees according to rules set forth by Washington State law.
I am an applied bachelor’s degree student, am I eligible for this promotion?
Yes! Students in GHC’s applied bachelor’s degree programs are eligible to receive up to $750 toward their tuition and fees.
I am a running start student. How does this apply to me?
Some Running Start students receive a waiver that covers their class charges. Others are responsible for paying a portion of their tuition and fees. This promotion is available only to Running Start students who are paying their own charges. Those students will be eligible for up to $750 from this promotion, up to a maximum of their direct out-of-pocket charges.
I am a student in Transitional Studies. How does this apply to me?
For students who are only enrolled in Transitional Studies classes, the quarterly tuition is $25. This offer will cover the $25 charge.