Grades & Academic Policies

Read below for information on how to get your grades, improving grades, and other academic policies at Grays Harbor College.

How do you get your grades?

You can access your grades online by viewing your unofficial transcript. You will need your Student ID (SID) and global pin number. If you don't have your global PIN you can request it online or by stopping by the Admissions & Records office with a photo ID.

Grades are posted the Tuesday following finals week of each quarter. It's important to check your grades in a timely fashion in case you did not pass a class that is a prerequisite for a class you enrolled in for the next quarter. Checking your grades will also let you know if you met all financial aid requirements to keep your aid.

Can you repeat a class to change your grade?

Yes. If you repeat a class the grade you earn that quarter will replace your previous grade. You need to submit a Repeated Class Form (DOC or PDF), to the Admissions & Records Office, to have the new grade replace the old one. That means only your new grade will be used to calculate your cumulative GPA. The old grade will continue to appear on your transcripts but will have an R beside it.

Academic Policies

If your cumulative grade point average (GPA) drops below a 2.0, you will be placed on Academic Warning. You will receive a letter officially notifying you that you have been placed on warning. You are strongly encouraged to visit the Student Support Center to make an appointment to learn about the many resources available to help you be more successful. The center can also help you clarify the issues holding you back and the options available to address them.

If your cumulative GPA stays below 2.0 for a second quarter, you will be placed on Academic Probation. You will be notified in writing of this status. If you are on probation and you don’t earn a 2.0 GPA for a third quarter, you’ll be placed on Academic Suspension. This means you will not be able to enroll in classes for one quarter. You have the option of petitioning the Academic Review Committee for special reinstatement. If you are reinstated and your grade point average remains below 2.0, you will be suspended for one year.

See the college catalog or our Board Policies for more detailed information about academic policies.