AccessAbility Services (formerly Disability Support Services) offers a variety of services to ensure qualified students with disabilities have an equal opportunity to participate in GHC's programs and services.
AccessAbility Services (AAS) works closely with students to determine appropriate and reasonable accommodations. In making this determination, communication is essential. Each individual knows how their disability affects them. It is important that you feel comfortable discussing these issues with the AAS coordinator to ensure the discussion about your accommodations is a collaborative one.
If an accommodation is needed for any reason, please contact AccessAbility Services (AAS) by phone 360-538-4099, in person (Student Support Center, HUB 146 or room 854), or via email.
Examples of Accommodations
Accommodations provided by AAS include:
- Testing Accommodations
- Note-Taking Accommodations
- Medical Reserve Parking
- Supportive Chairs
- Alternatively Formatted Text
- Assistive Technology
- Assistive Software
- Assistive Equipment Checkout
The list of accommodations is not an exhaustive list. Please contact us if you have any questions about additional services.
On a case by case basis, a temporary Letter of Accommodation (LOA) may be given to students whose temporary condition (e.g. broken leg, sprained wrist, etc.) is substantially limiting a major life activity such as learning, walking, speaking, etc. Students must complete an Intake Interview with the AAS' Coordinator to receive a temporary LOA.
Services Not Provided by AAS
- Tutoring/Individual Instruction (All students can receive free tutoring at GHC's Learning Center in 4117)
- Personal Aides, Attendants, or Trainers
- Personal Device or Equipment (e.g. eyeglasses, wheelchairs, hearing aids, etc.)
- Diagnostic Testing for Learning Disability
- Service animals are permitted at GHC but AAS does not provide the animal